1. School starts at 8:45am, so to get your self ready for learning begin by reading uninterrupted for 15 minutes.
2. Take 4-6 words from your reading and find the different phonemes by adding 'sound buttons'.
3. Identify how many syllables there are in each word. Write the number of syllables next to each one.
4. Using your best handwriting, by forming your letters correctly, put each word into a sentence - you could try and combine a couple of words into each sentence.
5. Underline the word in the sentence and check that you have used all your Year 2 expected writing skills:
Capital letters, full stops and punctuation, good spelling, finger spaces, letters sitting on the line and well formed.