The INTENT of our modern foreign language curriculum is to develop an interest in learning another language in a stimulating and enjoyable way. We embed the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing so that children are provided with a foundation for future language learning.
It is our aim, in French, that all children:
- ACHIEVE by communicating to others using key vocabulary or short phrases in French
- Demonstrate RESPECT through exploring different cultures and traditions
- ENJOY and take PRIDE in the learning of a language which they can communicate confidently in
- Are INSPIRE to continue their language development to enable them to become fluent speakers of another language other than their mother tongue
- SUPPORT each other in expanding their own understanding of language vocabulary