The INTENT of our subject curriculum is to ensure all children ASPIRE to develop a curiosity of the world around them. To acquire the knowledge to understand how the human and built environment is shaped and influenced by the natural world and develop the skills to challenge and investigate the world in which we live.
It is our aim, in Geography, that all children:
- ACHIEVE by knowing where we live at a local, regional, national and global level.
- RESPECT the planet and begin to understand the complex interactions between people and the natural world. As well as respecting those who live in contrasting areas across the globe
- PRIDE and ENJOYMENT through being able to conduct first hand field work to investigate our surroundings
- INSPIRE each other to lead more environmentally conscious lives through a greater understanding of the planet
- SUPPORT each other in conducting field work to discover for ourselves the wonders of Earth